Friday, September 6, 2019

Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

I want to preface this post by saying this is NOT about dieting or weight loss. With a history of eating disorders, excessive exercise, and a slew of other body-related issues I’ve addressed in past posts, dieting isn’t something I take lightly, so I want to firmly emphasize that this post is NOT about dieting. 

GWC readers know that my approach to body positivity is a holistic one. For me, being body positive means taking care of both my body and my mind, doing my best to be mentally aware of the way I think, talk, and feel about my body at any stage. Which brings me to the point of this post.

Over the past year, I’ve been focusing on adopting healthier eating habits as a form of self-care. My husband went vegan back in October 2018, which gave me a major wake-up call, bringing to light the fact that there were several things I could easily change and incorporate into my daily eating habits that could help me on my path to finding a healthier balance. Through those changes, I shed around 20 pounds and felt better than ever. However, there was still something missing in my journey to becoming a healthier me. I yearned for a sense of clarity in my mind, that would match the clarity I was feeling in my healthier body.



from Girl With Curves https://ift.tt/31abENn

No comments:

Post a Comment