Thursday, April 2, 2020

CHOCOLATE SWIRL BANANA BREAD RECIPE

WHO doesn’t love Banana Bread, am I right?

I have been making banana oat pancakes for years, but I never adventured myself into the wonders of baking my own Banana Bread until I found myself quarantined in my home for what now feels like an eternity (It’s day 25 I think, I have lost count).

I have done a few things to keep me sane these past few days and even though I already enjoyed cooking, I am finding that I might be a lot better than I gave myself credit for. Since I was gonna attempt my first Banana Bread, I thought; Go big or Go home!, so I added a chocolate twist to make it extra tasty.

So let’s begin shall we…

WHAT DO YOU NEED?

-3 ripe bananas
-1 cup of wheat flour
-2 eggs
-1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-2 table spoons of agave syrup
-1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
-Half of a chocolate bar ( I buy Tony’s Chocoloney because they are fair traded and ethically sourced, plus their chocolate bars are amazing )

  • Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius ( about 325 F )Smash the three bananas in a big bowl until they are nice as smooth.
  • Mash the three bananas until they are nice and smooth. Add the two eggs and mix well. Add the Greek yogurt, vanilla and agave syrup and mix everything together.

  • Add the flour and baking powder to your mixture and mix well.

  • You can either place the chocolate bar in the microwave for a few seconds but I prefer to use the Bain-Marie method, so the chocolate melts slowly and more smoothly. Boil some water and pour into a large pan. In a smaller bowl, place the chocolate bar and then sit the smaller bowl on top of the bigger pan with the boiling water (*make sure the water DOESN’T come inside the bowl with the chocolate!). The chocolate will start melting, just mix slowly with a spoon until it’s all creamy and melted.

  • Once the chocolate is melted, pass on some of the banana mixture into your chocolate bowl and mix ( I only do about three tablespoons ).

  • Start pouring your mixture into a grease mould. do the banana mixture first, then layer a couple of circles of your chocolate batter. Repeat with the banana batter for another layer and finish it off with a couple of extra rings of chocolate batter on top.

  • Create a marble pattern with a knife. Just be creative, it’s your unique swirl design! :)
  • Put your masterpiece in the oven for about 45 minutes ( check if its ready by inserting a toothpick into the bread, if the toothpick comes out dry or just with a small amount of crumbles, your bread is ready!)
  • After the 45 minutes, bring your bread outside the oven and leave it cool down for 15 minutes. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try to get your bread off the mould straight out of the oven, it will ruin your cake (it happened only first attempt, rookie mistake).

The post CHOCOLATE SWIRL BANANA BREAD RECIPE appeared first on Stylescrapbook.



from Stylescrapbook https://ift.tt/3bNhh8K

No comments:

Post a Comment